To use the grid:
- Wear your reading glasses and hold this grid 12 to 15 inches away from your face in good light.
- Cover one eye.
- Look directly at the center dot with the uncovered eye.
- While looking directly at the center dot, note whether all lines of the grid are straight or if any areas are distorted, blurred or dark.
- Repeat this procedure with the other eye.
- If any area of the grid looks wavy, blurred or dark, call us immediately at (208) 734-8934.
For more information about macular degeneration, click on the following link to read an article published by Dr. Klingler: